Tragedy hits my village, as 27 die on the spot leaving 32 in very critical condition

The tanker lying on its side
The year 2011 is not ending well and will forever remain in the memories of the people of my village as twenty-seven people have died and thirty others have been seriously injured after a water tanker ran into a crowd of revelers on Tuesday night in my village Senya Beraku in the Central Region .

Eyewitnesses said the brakes of the water tanker may have failed.

The injured have been admitted to the Winneba Government Hospital while the driver of the tanker has been arrested by the police to assist with investigations.

I quickly called my niece to find out if any close relation was involved, but she said identification of the dead is still not over. I just pray it turns out negative.

According to sources, medical officers at the Winneba Hospital say that some of the victims have very high degree of injury such that, their limbs may have to be amputated.
All the deceased persons including a pregnant woman have since been identified by their relatives.
The incident has thrown the entire Senya Breku township, which hitherto was in merry making mood into a state of mourning.
The revelers were said to be dancing on the roadside as part of the Christmas festivities at the time of the incident.
The District Chief Executive for the Area, Mr Nuhu Adams assured affected families that he was scheduling an immediate meeting to consider a possibility for a mass burial.
The mangled tanker and human bodies
Blood spill on the ground

Vice President John Mahama and Central Regional Minister

Girl with broken limbs

An accident victim

May their souls rest in perfect peace.
Shalom!

Comments

  1. I'm glad none of your family was injured in the accident. None of mine were too. Yep, I'm from Senya Bereku as well. I remember I spoke to my grandma the morning after the accident and she was there describing the accident scene to me. It really was a tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U don't mean it. My grandma's home is opposite the cinema house, some few kilometers away from the scene. how about you? I'm so glad u are from my home town. guess u speak the language very well. Wu wo t3 m3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "mo wo b))l3" (I think. Hope I got that right)
      Unfortunately, I haven't been there in ages. My grandma's got a house there too but currently lives in Winneba. I go to visit her in Winneba a lot though. Hope you are doing well :o)

      Delete
  3. Sure you got it. Doing very well. Its rather unfortunate most Senya people have adopted Winneba as their home. We've got to develop the place so we can be proud of our own home land.lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ghana Revenue Authority hold Memorial Service for Late President Atta Mills (Former Commissioner)

Queen of Tatoos