Emelda for the crown - Miss Ghana 2013

"The chick that will grow into a giant cock is noticed immediately it is hatched".  I couldn't hide my excitement when I read on facebook that ma lil gal of yesterday (EMELDA MILLS-PAPPOE) is contesting in this year's MISS GHANA beauty pageant. I have known Emelda since 1999 when I first set foot at the then Circle Branch of Word Miracle Church International, now, Perez Chapel International.  Growing up in the Children's Service, Emelda was very respectful, cool and amiable, such a personality that I always wanted to be associated with. She did her best by coming to church early to tidy up the place and assisted in whichever way her strength could carry her. Her contribution in the Drama Group where I was the patron was very enormous, that the group always had something to put up during Children's Day or Week celebrations.

Emelda was one of the girls of the Children Service that I felt at ease advising and correcting whenever the need arose. Even when we went for camp meetings, my eagle eyes never missed her cos I always wanted to be sure she was okay. I remember one Thursday at camp (2004) around 11:45 mid-night she and her friends - Cheryl Robertson, Dharlene Mensah and Emily Asafo-Agyei decided to drink some beverage and corn flakes to be able to "stand" the wiles of the following day's fasting and prayer, lol my "Tiger eye" caught them. When she entered the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Emelda did not denounce her creator nor trade her faith for the pressures of campus life, but contributed her quota to the Campus Christian Fellowship (CCF).
Many people are of the view that beauty pageants are 'worldly' and should not be entered into by believers, but I believe that the time has come, and the set time is now, for believers to define the world and not the world defining the believer. I strongly believe that Emelda's entry into this pageant is for a purpose, and you lovely people out there can cause that purpose to come to pass. 
I am therefore pleading with you to go all out and vote for Contestant EMELDA, or LIKE her photos on MISS GHANA 2013 page on facebook. Love you all.
Follow her up via https://www.facebook.com/MissGhanaworld?ref=stream
















Emelda (right) on stage (year 2000)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghana Revenue Authority hold Memorial Service for Late President Atta Mills (Former Commissioner)

Queen of Tatoos