Ghana's Premier University Loses First Female Professor of Science

Show me a female professor who is knowledgeable and has science and its entirety at her finger tips, and I will show you Professor Marian Ewurama Addy, the first female Professor of Science from the University of Ghana, Legon and a product of the Pennsylvania State University, USA.

I have known this academician, intellectual and gem since my childhood, when she hosted the 'Brilliant Science & Maths Quiz' on Ghana Television, which was aired every Saturday at 11am. Naive as I was, I kept asking myself "who is this woman at all who exhibits so much brilliance?" In fact she made me went on a date with science but it wasn't for long as I fell for Literature and French later in Secondary school.

The late Professor kicked the bucket in the wee hours of Tuesday 14th January, 2014 at the age of 72 after a short illness. The deceased launched her memoir (Rewards) last year.

Professor Addy has received many awards including:

The Millennium Excellence Award for Educational Development at the turn of the
millennium;

UNESCO Kalinga Prize for the popularization of science in 1999;

The Africa-America Institute’s Distinguished Alumna for Excellence in 1998;

Marketing Woman of the Year, in 1995, for marketing Science.


Prof. you've indeed served your generation and will be remembered by all.

RIP

Comments

  1. Blessings...
    She has made her mark
    May her soul rest in peace and with God

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ghana Revenue Authority hold Memorial Service for Late President Atta Mills (Former Commissioner)

Queen of Tatoos